5 Benefits of Getting Formal Training in Self-Defence27 Ιανουαρίου, 2022
Despite slogans like ‘woman empowerment’ and ‘gender equality’, women do not always feel safe while alone on a road. Whether it is a lonely street or a busy one, women often fall victim to physical attacks, sexual assaults, etc. This is what most newspapers bring to us on a daily basis and is to an extent true in most cases. To combat such encounters, not all women are equipped with necessary gear and abilities to tackle them and, therefore, being trained for self-defence techniques can help them fit the bill. Self-defence techniques involve methods to protecting the body from miscreants and ensuring that they cannot cause more harm.
When talking about self-defence, women and children often come to mind but it is something that is can be learnt by one and all. Several training institutes impart training on such techniques and ensure that the participants get to implement them in their lives whenever required. While you enrol yourself to avail training, you can be beneficial in several ways.
• Better confidence levels – While you are midway learning the necessary skills, you would notice high confidence levels in yourself. You would be able to approach people in a better way rather than being meek and underconfident when it comes to approaching people and their nuisance.
• Makes you disciplined – While you are attending the classes regularly and ensure the fact that you learn the necessary skills, you would notice a sense of discipline in all the aspects of your life. You would want to do everything on time and in a perfect way.
• Better health conditions – While you practise these lessons on a daily basis, you would notice a consistent improvement in your health. You would have better abilities to digest and would notice the absence of excessive fat on your body. You would have stronger muscles and bones and have organs functioning better to fight diseases.
• Improves your sense of street-awareness – While you are out on the road and an attacker or miscreants attack you, you would be in a shock for a split second but would know how to deal with the person with the necessary action. You would also know how to handle grave situations when the same arises with a friend or a pedestrian next to you.
• Makes you look at life in a better way – With the emotional pressure and stress that you receive on a daily basis either from your workplace, family, education, etc., you often tend to lose hope in life. While you learn these lessons, you would look at life in a better and positive way and often stay ready to take life the way it comes by.